It seemed like it was only recently that tuition classes were considered a “luxury” and not a “necessity”.
These days, more and more parents feel that it’s necessary for their kids to enrol in a tuition class, especially when it comes to Physics tuition. This is to give students some much-needed help or an extra bonus while studying complex topics including Physics.
Once you've made the decision to get physics tuition for your child, you also need to decide what kind of physics tuition your child should receive. Should they go for private home tuition or receive group tuition at a tuition centre.
With that said, we’ve tried to break down the benefits of each type of physics tuition, to help you make the best choice:
Benefits of Group Tuition
1. Group tuition simulates your typical classroom environment. This way, there’s not that big of an adjustment for students, especially for those who are receiving tuition for the first time.
2. Group tuition is perfect for children who aren’t aloof and are more motivated to study or do better in a group.
3. Collaborative study is another added benefit of enrolling your child in group tuition.
Because there are at least 5 to 10 students per group, students can learn how to work together and solve problems. This additional learning can prove to be a valuable skill later on in life.
4. Group tuition is also perfect for students who are either, competitive, or quick learners.
Benefits of Private Tuition
1. Compared to group tuition, private tuition is more suitable for students who feel more comfortable learning at their own speed and without the need to compete with others.
2. Private tuition is usually conducted at home, so a student doesn’t need to travel far to attend classes.
3. Private tuition is one-on-one, which is perfect for students who struggle in school and need the added attention.
4. Some students need to develop some self-esteem and self-confidence first in a private setting.
Having an instructor's sole attention allows them to develop the necessary skill set to do better and have courage in speaking up while in school.
5. As instructors only need to focus on one student, they can efficiently address the student's needs and, more importantly, any specific weaknesses.
6. With private physics tuition, it's easier for parents to get in touch and collaborate with the tutor.
7. Private tuition is customised to a child’s needs and wants. Tutors often plan out a unique concept map throughout the entire year for their student to help them catch back up or even stay ahead of the curve.
Which Is Better?
There isn’t necessarily a better choice. Each kind of physics tuition has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
However, if you are looking for a much safer option especially for first-timers, your child should try private tuition. After getting used to it, they can then choose to move on to a tuition centre later on and be taught in a group.